Beastly good, hygienically clean
Clean litter trays, cages, bowls, and dog baskets the environmentally friendly way
In addition to taking care of any day-to-day messes, we should also thoroughly clean litter trays, cages, and other equipment on a regular basis to keep our furry and feathered friends feeling tip-top. HEITMANN Pure Oxygen Bleach, a proven household remedy, is particularly suitable for this purpose.
Miaow and woof-woof for Pure Oxygen Bleach
Pure Oxygen Bleach has many qualities that make it the right choice when cleaning animal cages, litter trays, bowls, and other pet accessories.
- Does not smell—to suit sensitive noses
Cats, dogs, rodents, and hamsters have an excellent sense of smell and can be put off by even a whiff of detergent. Pure Oxygen Bleach has no smell and thus doesn’t leave any scent in your pet’s territory.
- Just two ingredients
Perfume, colourants, or an interminable list of ingredients? Pure Oxygen Bleach doesn’t need any of these to achieve its full effect. It contains active oxygen and sodium carbonate. The latter boosts the cleaning effect. When used, the environmentally friendly bleach breaks down into water, oxygen, and sodium carbonate.
- Hygienic and food-safe cleaning
Pure Oxygen Bleach ensures clean, food-safe hygiene. So you don’t need to worry about using it to clean your pet’s equipment.
- Removes odours
Where there are animals, there are also odours. Pure Oxygen Bleach effectively removes these odours.
Cleaning litter trays
At least once a day, scoop out any litter in the tray that has become soiled with faeces or urine. It is recommended that cat litter trays are thoroughly cleaned once a week.
- 1. Remove old cat litter.
- 2. Prepare cleaning water with Pure Oxygen Bleach. Dosage: Add 1–2 tbsp to 1 L of warm water.
- 3. Wash litter tray and then rinse thoroughly until the water runs clear.
- 4. (Leave to) dry completely and add fresh litter.
Washing feeding bowls
Pure Oxygen Bleach gets rid of stains, food residue, and odours. So your feeding bowls are food-safe and hygienically clean again.
- 1. Remove any food residue from bowl, e.g. using a piece of old newspaper.
- 2. Wash bowl with hot water and Pure Oxygen Bleach. Dosage: Add 1 tbsp to 1 L of water.
- 3. Rinse thoroughly until the water runs clear and wipe or leave to dry.
Giving animal cages a thorough clean
Birds, hamsters, mice, rabbits, and guinea pigs all require a well-maintained cage. How often you will need to thoroughly clean the cage depends on the number and type of animals, their size, and the size of cage. In any case, no matter the animal, a thorough cage cleaning can easily stress them. Establishing a routine can help your pets to cope better with this. For example, you might want to put them in the same place each time you clean their cage.
How to carry out a thorough cleaning
- 1. Clear out the cage.
- 2. Remove any litter, sand, or food residue.
- 3. Thoroughly wash or wipe the entire cage with a detergent solution consisting of warm water and Pure Oxygen Bleach. Dosage: Add 1–2 tbsp to 1 L of water.
- 4. Rinse or wipe well with clean water afterwards.
- 5. Dry cage and put any equipment back in.
Accessories such as perches and toys made of wood or plastic
Pure Oxygen Bleach also gets wooden and plastic items in animal cages hygienically fresh again. Wash or wipe perches, toys, etc. Dosage: Add 1 tbsp to 1 L of water. Rinse thoroughly until the water runs clear, and then dry.
Feeding bowls, drinking containers and tubes
Simply rinse bowls and containers with water and Pure Oxygen Bleach. Soak drinking tubes briefly in the rinsing water. Dosage: Add 1 tbsp of Oxygen Bleach to 1 L of water. To finish, rinse again thoroughly with clean water.
Soaking heavily soiled items
Heavily soiled bowls, plastic tubs, and similar items can be soaked for up to 30 minutes in a Pure Oxygen Bleach and water solution. For this, add 1–2 tbsp of Pure Oxygen Bleach to 1 L of water. It may be necessary to repeat the process for very stubborn stains, odours, or deposits.
Cleaning dog and cat baskets
Unfinished dog and cat baskets can be cleaned simply and hygienically with Pure Oxygen Bleach. For this, wash the basket with a Pure Oxygen Bleach and warm water solution. Dosage: Add 1 tbsp to 1 L of water. Leave the basket to dry in an airy place, but not in direct sunlight or on a heater.
Cleaning wooden hutches and animal cages
Rabbit hutches and other pens made of untreated wood clean up very well with Pure Oxygen Bleach. Avoid saturating the wood in order to prevent warping and then leave the wood to dry well, perhaps in the sun.
- 1. Clear out the wooden hutch or pen.
- 2. Remove any litter, sand, or food residue.
- 3. Thoroughly wipe the entire hutch with a detergent solution consisting of warm water and Pure Oxygen Bleach. Dosage: Add 1–2 tbsp to 1 L of water.
- 4. Wipe well with clean water.
- 5. Leave hutch to dry and then put back in any items.
Dogs and cats in particular like to snuggle up next to their owners. But many blankets and cushion covers cannot be washed at temperatures that are sufficiently high to kill germs. This is where the hygienic laundry rinses from HEITMANN disinfectant products come in. These can be used in a cold to a 60-degree wash and eliminate 99.9 per cent of all specific bacteria, fungi, and viruses in a single rinse cycle. For cosy, feel-good hygiene.