HEITMANN Pure Citric Acid 500 ml
Don’t give limescale a place to hide in your home. This versatile household remedy removes limescale easily, safely, and thoroughly using the natural power of pure citric acid.
- Suitable for kitchen and bathroom
- Pre-diluted, ready to use
- Powerful and food-safe
- Two ingredients: pure citric acid and water
Art. No.: 1008288
€6.58 / 1 l
* Price incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Delivery in 2 – 3 days
**The delivery time applies to deliveries within Germany. For deliveries outside Germany and information on the calculation of the delivery date see „Shipping and payment methods“.
Pure citric acid for the food-safe removal of limescalefrom surfaces as well as inside objects and machines.
Limescale deposits aren’t just unsightly—they also impair the function and life of electrical appliances and attract dirt and germs. Citric acid is highly effective for dissolving limescale quickly and regular use can help prevent the formation of new limescale deposits.
Use this versatile household remedy to descale kettles and washing machines or to care for kitchen and bathroom surfaces. HEITMANN Pure Citric Acid is very easy to use.
The citric acid has been obtained from natural resources and is 100% biodegradable.
For a beautifully clean home
Coffee/Espresso machines, fully automatic coffee machines, capsule/pod machines
- Add ½–1 cup (75–150 ml) of HEITMANN Pure Citric Acid to ½ litre of water.
- Pour solution into the machine’s water tank.
- Switch on the appliance and allow it to run through.
- Then pour the solution into the spout and run the machine twice with fresh water.
Hot-water applicanes such as electric or traditional kettles, pressure cookers, egg boilers, or immersion coils
- Add ½ cup (75 ml) of HEITMANN Pure Citric Acid to appliance and fill with water to cover limescale deposits.
- Heat up solution in appliance and leave to work for a few minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with fresh water.
- Place immersion coil in a solution of ½ cup (75 ml) of HEITMANN Pure Citric Acid and 1 litre of water. Heat up using immersion coil and then rinse well.
- First, clean the door area with HEITMANN Pure Citric Acid.
- Then add 1½–2 cups (225–300 ml) of Pure Citric Acid to the empty dishwasher.
- Select a programme without a pre-rinse cycle (min. 50°C) and run the machine empty.
- Descale with machine empty.
- Add 1½–2 cups (225–300 ml) of HEITMANN Pure Citric Acid to the drum.
- Run a 60°C programme without pre-wash.
Teapots, coffee pots, cups, toothbrush tumblers
- To eliminate streaks and deposits
- Mix ½–1 cup (75–150 ml) of HEITMANN Pure Citric Acid with ½ litre of water and add to the receptacle.
- Leave to work for a few minutes and then rinse well.
Burnt food residue on stainless steel pots and pans
- Dissolve ½ cup (75 ml) of HEITMANN Pure Citric Acid with 1 cup of water.
- Bring the solution to the boil in the pot or pan and leave to simmer for a few minutes.
- Finally, rinse well.
Stainless steel, plastic, ceramic, chrome surfaces
- Apply undiluted HEITMANN Pure Citric Acid to a cloth. Use it to wipe down surfaces.
- Finally, wipe or rinse thoroughly.
Shower heads, mixing nozzles, fittings
- Apply undiluted HEITMANN Pure Citric Acid with a cloth or immerse items in Pure Citric Acid.
- Leave to work. Rinse well and wipe.
Caring for the environment
As a medium-sized company, a sustainable approach to the environment and resources is very important to us.
Our cardboard packaging consists largely of recycled paper, and we also use bottles produced from recycled plastic.
This bottle containing HEITMANN pure Citric Acid is made of approx. 92 per cent recycled materials.
Once empty, please put the bottle into your kerbside recycling collection.
- Not suitable for marble, enamel, or aluminium. Refer to the manufacturer’s instructions.
These products are often bought together
Will citric acid damage my coffee machine?
No. Citric acid will not damage your coffee machine if you follow the instruction manual. Limescale deposits may cause damage in machines that have not been descaled for a very long time. Unfortunately, this is not visible until the machine is descaled, when the limescale layer is removed. You can prevent limescale with regular descaling.
Can Pure Citric Acid be used to descale irons?
No. The high temperatures in an iron can destroy the citric acid, and this could adhesion inside the iron.
How often should I descale?
Two to four times per year is generally sufficient. The more often you use an appliance and the harder the water (i.e. the greater the limescale content), the more frequently you need to descale. This helps your washing machine, dishwasher, or coffee machine last longer and consume less energy.
Folgende Versandmethoden stehen Ihnen zu Verfügung:
Die Versandkosten sind auf der Seite "Versand- und Zahlungsarten" aufgelistet.
Folgende Zahlungsarten stehen Ihnen zu Verfügung:
Die weiteren Zahlungsarten sind auf der Seite "Versand- und Zahlungsarten" aufgelistet.