Hygiene during pregnancy and in the early years
IMPRESAN hygiene and disinfection advice.
For a healthy start
From the first ultrasound onwards, as a pregnant woman you are given a great deal of advice and many leaflets about these exciting nine months.
We would like offer cleanliness and hygiene advice that is specific to your situation.
During a normal pregnancy, the usual cleaning at home is sufficient. However, often a more reliable protection against germs and illness is desired. IMPRESAN products help you in this regard.
- The IMPRESAN Hygienic Spray disinfects surfaces, upholstery, and much more.
- The IMPRESAN products for travel hygiene are available for disinfection on the go or at the office. They are convenient, fit in any pocket or handbag, and safely disinfect hands, objects, and surfaces.
In general: frequent and above all proper handwashing is fundamental for hygiene. Most of us wash our hands too quickly. Here you will find specific details.
When caring for your baby
Babies still have to build up their immune systems. However, a healthy baby should not live in a sterile environment. But you should be aware of cleanliness and hygiene. Our advice:
Wash your hands frequently (and those of older siblings), particularly
- before nursing
- before preparing and giving bottles or baby food
- after changing the nappy
- after using the toilet
- When on the go, IMPRESAN Hygienic Cloths, Spray, and Hand Sanitiser ensure the necessary hygiene.
- When visitors come to see the baby, they should be well or postpone the visit.
- Visitors should also wash their hands before touching the newborn.
- If older siblings are ill, special hygiene is recommended. Surfaces and hands should be disinfected safely with IMPRESAN.
Other sources of germs are incorrectly prepared (bottle) feeds as well as unclean containers, teats, and dummies. Your paediatrician or midwife will be able to give you further information.
Regular thorough cleaning is sufficient for a healthy baby’s nursery.
However, it is sensible to disinfect, for example, the changing table, door handles, and toys when your child is ill. Use the highly effective IMPRESAN Hygienic Spray.
Following disinfection, toys in particular should be rinsed with water and dried with a clean cloth. This prevents children from inadvertently ingesting disinfectants.
Find out here how to look after babies’ and children’s laundry.
- If your child is healthy, normal cleaning is sufficient for hygiene.
- If the child’s room becomes a sick room, it is sensible to disinfect. This is because smaller children quickly transfer germs via hands and bodily fluids.
- Disinfect efficiently and very effectively with IMPRESAN Hygienic Spray.
- Following disinfection, toys in particular should be rinsed with water and dried with a clean cloth. This prevents children from inadvertently ingesting disinfectants.
Regularly clean soft toys
Parents know that the original colours of bunny, teddy, and the comforter can often only be guessed. Your child throws a tantrum when his favourite toy needs to be washed.
Despite this, soft toys have to be regularly cleaned in the washing machine for hygienic reasons.
- Soft toys can usually only be washed by hand or at 30°C.
- If you use the IMPRESAN Hygienic Laundry Rinse for your laundry, you reliably eliminate over 99.9% of bacteria, fungi, and specific viruses even at these low temperatures.
- To kill dust mites, cuddly toys can also be put in a bag in the freezer compartment for a few hours.